Tournament Rules and Information
Tuesday, September 18 and Thursday, September 20, 2018
- The 2018 WCSGA Championship will be played on September 18th and 20th, and will consist of 36 holes of individual stroke play, with handicap. Eighteen holes will be played each day.
- At sign in on the 18th, the clubhouse will collect a $10 WCSGA Championship entry fee and green fees of $62 for both days, for a total of $72.
- Closest to Pin and Hole in One side table games will be available each day.
- WCSGA Local Rules and USGA rules apply.
- Players are required to have played a minimum of five (5) rounds of golf during 2018 at the WCSGA tournaments to qualify for the Championship. Handicaps in effect following play on September 6, 2018 will be used throughout the tournament.
- Participants will be divided into flights depending on the number of entrants. There will be no more than 25 players in a flight.
- Payouts for each flight will be as follows:
Low Net 1st Place – 40 %
Low Net 2nd Place – 30 %
Low Net 3rd Place – 15 %
Low Net 4th Place – 10 %
Low Net 5th Place – 5 %
NOTE: Since this is a special event, at this time, it is the intention of the WCSGA Board of Directors to match the entry fee total to double the prize money. Example: if a flight has 25 players, the entry fee total is $250 for that flight. With the WCSGA match, the players will be competing for $500 (instead of the $250 entry fee total). This applies for all flights.
- Medalist, Low Gross – The Low Gross player will have his name on a perpetual plaque that is maintained in the Watters Creek clubhouse.
- In the event of a tie for first place in a flight, a scorecard playoff, starting at the #1 handicap hole and continuing through #2, #3, #4, etc., will determine the winner.
- Second Chance Tournament: On the second day of the tournament (September 20) there will be an optional second chance tournament that is open to everyone and will be flighted. The entry fee will be $5. There will be a separate side table set up for registration.
- Awards/Recognition of WCSGA Champions will be made at the conclusion of the tournament on September 20, in conjunction with a General Membership Meeting. A buffet meal will be provided to all member attendees at the meeting.