Speeding Up Play
October 1, 2017
- Finish every hole in 15 minutes or less.
- If the group behind you is waiting and you can’t see the group in front of you . . . YOU’RE BEHIND!
- Play promptly. Take 30 seconds, maximum, to hit your shot.
- Play ready golf. Disregard “honors” except for birdies.
- When you arrive at the tee box, be prepared to tee off. NEVER hold up play because you are in the middle of a conversation.
- Line your putt up while you’re walking to the green and while others are putting.
- Putt out if your lag putt is near the hole, if practical. Marking and placing the ball takes more time.
- Do not spend excessive time looking for lost balls. Officially, you have 3 minutes, per WCSGA Local Rules, but if you can’t find it in a minute or two, it’s probably lost so take a drop.