WCSGA Membership Meeting
March 15, 2018
– President Jim Johnson opened the meeting at 1:40 thanking the members for being at the Luncheon Meeting.
– He gave the floor to David Fields who asked for volunteers for an April 7& 8 AJGA tournament that would be held at Watters Creek. Matt Sipko offered a free round of golf for all volunteers along with a free AJGA cap. David will have a table set up both days in the clubhouse to register.
– Jim Johnson handed out appreciation acknowledgements to Matt Sipko, (work on the new tournament registration systems), Wayne Suttle (handling the HIO and CTP programs, and Ben Matula (upkeep of the website)
-.Bob Loeb discussed the updating of the WCSGA Bylaws, Why they were needed and examples of the changes. The bylaw draft was posted on the Website February 3 and announced to the membership at that time. Bruce Horowitz made a motion that the bylaws be approved, seconded by Doug Otto. The motion carried almost unanimously. .
– Rob Schoppe gave the treasurers report announcing the there was roughly a $6,300 balance to start fiscal 2018.
– Rob then explained the change to the Championship Tournament that requires a minimum of 5 rounds in qualify each year.
– Rob explained the Guest Member policy to the members
– Rob then reviewed the Closest to the Pin Contest and the importance of signing up under the right handicap number. If a player signs up under the wrong handicap, he is disqualified for the contest and that hole is negated from the contest for that handicap number.
– Matt Sipko will clarify the handicap numbers for each of the two contests for future tournaments.
– Matt reminded everyone that this will be the first month that we will have a third tournament
– The Meeting was adjourned at 1:50 pm.
Note- 59 members signed up to play today, there were 6 no-shows, @ 44 showed up for the lunch